Covid-19/Coronavirus Precautions at the Cathedral
We consider the safety of our employees and our parishioners with care and respect.
Update on Visiting the Cathedral
The following protocols are required by all visitors to the Cathedral for the foreseeable future. Public Mass Closed.
- When permitted, Visitors to the Cathedral indoors will be limited to 12 persons maximum, in solitary prayer, until further permissions and guidelines are issued by the City of San Francisco.
- Visitors must maintain six-foot distancing when approaching the Cathedral on Geary Plaza.
- Before entering, we will use infrared touchless temperature screening. Anyone (including minors) with a temperature above 99.5 degrees will not be allowed in. This public safety measure lessens the risk of infection and indicates that someone may be in need of medical attention.
- Use hand sanitizer prior to entry. Multiple stations are also available once inside.
- Visitors must wear a mask inside the Cathedral at all times.
- Six-foot social distancing is clearly marked inside for individuals and must be maintained. The only exceptions are family members who live together.
Our livestreaming schedule is still available for the 12:10 PM Mass Monday through Friday and the 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM Spanish Masses on Sunday.
This is subject to change so please check https://www.sfarch.org/cathedral-livestreams for updates.
You may also watch https://www.sfarch.org/health-alerts, a video about “Reopening the Churches”that outlines some changes that will take place during Mass for the foreseeable future.
Please check back with us for updates as new information becomes available. Also check the Archdiocese website for opportunities to stay in touch with the Catholic community.