Covid-19/Coronavirus Precautions at the Cathedral
We consider the safety of our employees and our parishioners with care and respect.
Update on Visiting the Cathedral:
The following protocols will take effect as of June 26, 2021.
- The Cathedral will continue to provide additional ventilation, signage, sanitizer, no-touch sign of Peace, and the Communion protocols.
- We will dispense with recording attendance, taking temperatures, COVID dispensation applying to the General Public.
- The Standard Dispensation will remain: Anyone feeling ill or concerned about infection need not attend.
- Sunday Obligation is restored, except as noted above in point 3.
- Distancing between people (not of the same family) is now only three feet.
- Choir size and distancing, and mask use on Altar amended.
- Use of missals and Worship Aids and Holy Water are restored.
- Taking the Collection returns to normal.
Our livestreaming schedule is still available. Please check the schedule for times. SMC Livestream Mass
Please check back with us for updates as new information becomes available. Also check the Archdiocese website for opportunities to stay in touch with the Catholic community.